MEBAA SHOW MOROCCO BRINGING BUSINESS AVIATION TO NORTH AFRICA
Click on image to download high resolution version
Recent Announcements from MEBAA and ONDA Prove Industry Potential
The MEBAA Show Morocco will bring business aviation to the North African region, according to announcements made at a recent local press conference by Ali Alnaqbi, Founding & Executive Chairman of the Middle East & North Africa Business Aviation Association (MEBAA) and Zuhair Mohamed El Aoufir, CEO of Office National des Aeroports (ONDA). During the event, they addressed around 40 attending media with insights into the industry and the event itself, taking place 25-26 September at Marrakech Menara Airport, preceded by the MEBAA Conference Morocco on 24 September.
“The business aviation sector in Morocco shows promising potential,” Alnaqbi confirmed, before adding that it also increases employment and economic opportunities for Morocco and the rest of the region. “70% of private jet usage is for business purposes,” he stated, “While the remaining 30% is for pleasure. With figures such as this, it’s hardly surprising that the industry has such positive implications. The MEBAA Show Morocco was developed in order to give North Africa the chance to access this growing industry, in the same way the MEBAA Show in Dubai does for the Middle East.”
El Aoufir reiterated the importance of the event to business aviation’s expansion in the region stating that as a result of investment, Morocco now has FBOs at five of the country’s airports. He added that ONDA and MEBAA have a ten year agreement for the show to take place in Morocco. Since its inaugural edition in 2015, the show returns biennially, with the 2019 edition predicted to be the biggest yet.
“ONDA is pleased to support the MEBAA Show Morocco as it promotes and supports business aviation,” El Aoufir added. “The show aligns with our development programmes to encourage growth in business aviation. As the only dedicated business aviation event in North Africa, it provides a valuable resource as well as an unrivalled platform for business.”
The JSSI Business Aviation Index found that flight hour activity in Africa increased 19.8% YoY from Q2 2017 to Q2 2018. With exhibitors including the industry’s key players, OEMs and operators expected to attend the MEBAA Show Morocco from around the world, the North African region will be given an insight into a global industry as well as its specific regional opportunities.
El Aoufir continued, “We are pleased to invite the industry on the 25th and 26th of September to attend the MEBAA Show Morocco and the MEBAA Conference Morocco.”
The MEBAA Show Morocco takes place at Marrakech Menara Airport, and the MEBAA Conference Morocco, bringing together experts from across the region to discuss challenges and opportunities of business aviation, will take place the day before the show, 24 September 2019.